Friday, February 16, 2007

Tweening

I made my first flash animation this week; a "tween animation," where I used a motion tween, shape tween, and frame-by-frame to make a 3-second animation. It's a maroon teddy bear rotating through the sky and getting sucked into a hole, with text running along the bottom as per The Pixies' "This Monkey's Gone to Heaven;" "Creature in the skyyyyyy...Got sucked in a HOLE! Now there's a hole in the sky!"
I didn't learn much, besides that animating is slow and complicated and definitely an area for perfectionists. Of which, luckily, I am one.
The frame-by-frame animation of the spinning creature is pretty choppy, so if I were to make an animation as something other than an exercise, I would definitely spend a lot more time on that aspect. I can see the usefulness of tweens, but I do prefer the frame-by frame, if I can learn to do it smoothly. I dislike the permutations a shape tween makes; it's so formulaic, no matter which shapes you're changing. I am glad that I thought of making multiple consecutive tweens instead of one long one, because the program was doing some pretty funky things trying to turn a maroon teddy bear into a black circle.
No indentations, all the time,
Stella

No comments: