Wednesday, July 18, 2007

project animations 2

Because my parallax animation proved incapable of handling a masked layer on top of all the rest, I started a new Flash project to serve only that purpose. It is a Plesiosaur with flailing fins, with an underlying skeleton revealed by a moving circle. Simple, interesting (to me), and fairly quickly made. I am happy with this animation. I learned a lot about planning, and devious use of Fireworks to modify JPGs, since Flash leaves a lot to be desired in that way.
I think this animation meets its criteria well. It took me about 3-4 weeks, though not longer than expected, and certain parts proved more difficult than I thought they would; namely, making the plesiosaur skeleton JPG that I got online fit the outline drawing I'd made, and figuring out exactly which layers to put above and below the mask.
I am most proud of the concept, which I personally enjoy, and my relative efficiency in completing it.

No comments: